Driving possibilities

To simplify the board system...
Antworten

Driving possibilities

Beitrag von Guest »

Hi folks!

Due to a huge company project, I´m gonna be in Suisse for more than a half year. Unfortunately I can´t take my `82 FJ40 with me - though I could show you european guys my SOA, Hyper Shackles and other nice things on my rig...

But a fellow promised me to lend me his BJ for a while.

Now I wanna know where to drive in Suisse or southern Germany! Gonna be near Basel. Is it allowed to drive where I want to?

Thanks for any hints,
Steve (Stave Lake, BC - 4Wheelin´ at it´s best!)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
MartinRR
Wohnort: Direkt an der badisch-schwäbischen Demarkationslinie - in Möhringen/Baden

Driving possibilities

Beitrag von MartinRR »

Hi Steve,

possibilities to drive off-road are very sparse in Switzerland, little better in (southern) Germany and remarkably better in France. Both Switzerland and Germany have tight reglementations. It is usually completely forbidden to leave the "beaten track", and the use of forest roads and the like is mostly reserved for those who need them for professional reasons. There are some off-road driving-areas within 250 km from Basel, namely Saverne (near Strasbourg, Alsace, France) and Langenaltheim (near Ingolstadt, Bavaria, Germany).

In France, in the Vosges mountains, you find many little roads that are freely accessible. Many of these are very interesting, be it landscape or testing of your driving skills.

Also, there are local off-road clubs that will be pleased to welcome you as a guest and let you take part in their activities like club trials or tag-along tours.

I wish you a happy stay in Switzerland (and the "Dreiländereck" :biggrin: )!

MartinRR
Herzlichst, MartinRR
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Life without love? Impossible!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DerAustralier
Driving possibilities

Beitrag von DerAustralier »

hi steve,
as martinrr does, i will recommend you to got to france. that´s the destination where i go to do some off-road in beautiful landscape.
in the french alps or jura you will find some really beautiful spots, which are only accessible by 4wd (or by foot for sure).
as far as i know you can use every track in france, which is not definitely  a private road or signpostet with signs that say no automobiles here (red circle sign).
http://www.travlang.com/signs/
Martin (HZJ75 + VW Iltis)
landcruising.net
Adventure Outdoors
Founding member of:
Bild

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
MarkusZ

Driving possibilities

Beitrag von MarkusZ »

Hi Steve,

The 'Denzel Alpenstrassenführer' is somewhat the encyclopedia of all drivable roads within the Alps.

Bild

You may order it by amazon.de. Looking up the Internet for the described roads from this book you will easily find out about drivability, local clubs as well as restrictions.  http://www.ixquick.de may be the most promising searchengine at this time.

c.u. out there

Markus

(Edited by MarkusZ at 19:42 am 25. Sep. 2002)

(Edited by MarkusZ at 19:43 am 25. Sep. 2002)

(Edited by MarkusZ at 19:45 am 25. Sep. 2002)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
netzmeister
Administrator
Driving possibilities

Beitrag von netzmeister »

Here´s the quick link...

Hi Steve,

I absolutely agree: France would be the best for offroad activities. Send me your address and I´ll email you sth. about the driving area in Saverne.

Regards,
Der Netzmeister
Nächstes Buschtaxi-Treffen: 6.-8. September 2024
LEGENDE LAND CRUISER - Das Buch...erhältlich bei mir! ;-)
facebook.com/buschtaxi.net | instagram.com/buschtaxi_net | youtube.com/@buschtaxi_net

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DerAustralier
Driving possibilities

Beitrag von DerAustralier »

hi markus,
recently i had to use the "denzel" to find some roads in switzerland, itlay and france around the mount blanc. i learned that several roads, especially in italy, are no longer allowed to drive. so far, the 21. issue of the denzel is no longer up to date. italians are very fast in closing down roads in the alps, as several new signs show.
nervertheless, the "denzel" is the first guide to use for offroad-driving in the alps.
Martin (HZJ75 + VW Iltis)
landcruising.net
Adventure Outdoors
Founding member of:
Bild

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Antworten

Zurück zu „Multi Language Board!“