Buschtaxi.net - Das Buschtaxi-Forum   |   buschtaxi.net Homepage >>   |     

Question about a picture from the book    

Anmerkungen zum Inhalt, Korrekturen, Bestellmöglichkeiten

Question about a picture from the book

Postby vegas » Thu 23. May 2019, 20:36

Hi,
I have a question about some pictures from the book's chapter on J10. I'm referring to the English edition. There is a picture titled "Base-model Australian HZJ105" with a burgundy Land Cruiser on it. My question is about the hubs of this Land Cruiser - are these automatic or manual locked hubs? They are black ones with the Toyota ellipses logo on them, the same on the front and back axles (on factory steel rims, I guess). The same hubs (or covers?) can be seen on a few pictures in the same chapter, on pages following the one I described.
I understand that in the case of the base version on LC105 there should be manual locking hubs on the front wheels only, as this model is part time 4WD, am I right?
I would appreciate some explanation.
vegas

0 persons like this post.

Re: Question about a picture from the book

Postby Reiti » Thu 23. May 2019, 20:57

vegas wrote:I understand that in the case of the base version on LC105 there should be manual locking hubs on the front wheels only, as this model is part time 4WD, am I right?
I would appreciate some explanation.

In Australia there is as i know the "Standard" called base model, equipped with part time 4wd and manual locking hubs. The more luxury version is called "GXL" with full time 4WD.
Reiti

Postby vegas » Fri 24. May 2019, 05:07

Yes, I would guess the hubs on the picture I mentioned should be manual locking ones, but they don't look such to me. What is also strange is that they are the same in front and back. That's why I'm asking, maybe someone saw such hubs somewhere in the wild and knows for sure. Or maybe these are only some kind of covers?
vegas

Postby Hydro » Fri 24. May 2019, 06:32

Hello Vegas , i have seen a lot of offroad cars in my life but never anyone wird locking hubs on the rear axle - i think that are same looking covers.
It may be that there are existing some trial- machines with two steering axles , here it may be.
Greetings Hydro
Land Cruiser GRJ 120
Hydro

Postby landcruiser » Fri 24. May 2019, 07:03

Rear full floater axle ends may look like hubs - thats all.
landcruiser

Return to Legende Land Cruiser - Das Buch