Question about a picture from the book

Anmerkungen zum Inhalt, Korrekturen, Bestellmöglichkeiten
Antworten
vegas

Question about a picture from the book

Beitrag von vegas »

Hi,
I have a question about some pictures from the book's chapter on J10. I'm referring to the English edition. There is a picture titled "Base-model Australian HZJ105" with a burgundy Land Cruiser on it. My question is about the hubs of this Land Cruiser - are these automatic or manual locked hubs? They are black ones with the Toyota ellipses logo on them, the same on the front and back axles (on factory steel rims, I guess). The same hubs (or covers?) can be seen on a few pictures in the same chapter, on pages following the one I described.
I understand that in the case of the base version on LC105 there should be manual locking hubs on the front wheels only, as this model is part time 4WD, am I right?
I would appreciate some explanation.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Reiti

Re: Question about a picture from the book

Beitrag von Reiti »

vegas hat geschrieben:I understand that in the case of the base version on LC105 there should be manual locking hubs on the front wheels only, as this model is part time 4WD, am I right?
I would appreciate some explanation.

In Australia there is as i know the "Standard" called base model, equipped with part time 4wd and manual locking hubs. The more luxury version is called "GXL" with full time 4WD.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
vegas

Beitrag von vegas »

Yes, I would guess the hubs on the picture I mentioned should be manual locking ones, but they don't look such to me. What is also strange is that they are the same in front and back. That's why I'm asking, maybe someone saw such hubs somewhere in the wild and knows for sure. Or maybe these are only some kind of covers?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Hydro

Beitrag von Hydro »

Hello Vegas , i have seen a lot of offroad cars in my life but never anyone wird locking hubs on the rear axle - i think that are same looking covers.
It may be that there are existing some trial- machines with two steering axles , here it may be.
Greetings Hydro
Land Cruiser Prado GRJ 120

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
landcruiser

Beitrag von landcruiser »

Rear full floater axle ends may look like hubs - thats all.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Antworten

Zurück zu „Legende Land Cruiser - Das Buch“