Buschtaxi.net - Das Buschtaxi-Forum   |   buschtaxi.net Homepage >>   |     

BJ-73 Windshield-Frame Anticorrosive Treathment???    

To simplify the board system...

BJ-73 Windshield-Frame Anticorrosive Treathment???

Postby LULO_Adventure » Tue 25. Aug 2009, 22:44

BJ-73 Windshield-Frame Anticorrosive Treathment???


There any specific treatment or work to prevent corrosion in the windshield-frame? :?: :?: :?:


...a friend told me that a good treatment is to apply foam piloiuretano inside the frame.

I also commented that care must be taken when using polyurethane foam as it can even bend the metal, so I will comment that there are different types of polyurethane foam, even my cousin told me the ability to galvanize the frame ???


Vielen Dank :wink:
LULO Adventure
Land Cruiser LJ-70´88 (Soft Top)
A Coruña - España (SPAIN)

"Eres lo que has viajado"
LULO_Adventure
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri 27. Feb 2009, 04:49
Location: A Coruña - España (SPAIN)

0 persons like this post.

Re: BJ-73 Windshield-Frame Anticorrosive Treathment???

Postby landcruiser » Tue 25. Aug 2009, 22:55

LULO_Adventure wrote:...

...a friend told me that a good treatment is to apply foam piloiuretano inside the frame.

...


He couldn´t be a real friend! :lol:

Never do so!

Spraying Fluid Film, Mike Sanders or other like this in the cavities is an approved method prevent fouling.
User avatar
landcruiser
 
Posts: 15445
Images: 0
Joined: Thu 17. May 2001, 23:14

0 persons like this post.

Re: BJ-73 Windshield-Frame Anticorrosive Treathment???

Postby LULO_Adventure » Wed 26. Aug 2009, 21:42

landcruiser wrote:
Spraying Fluid Film, Mike Sanders or other like this in the cavities is an approved method prevent fouling.




"Spraying Fluid Film" ??? :?: :?: :?:


Vielen Dank :wink:
LULO Adventure
Land Cruiser LJ-70´88 (Soft Top)
A Coruña - España (SPAIN)

"Eres lo que has viajado"
LULO_Adventure
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri 27. Feb 2009, 04:49
Location: A Coruña - España (SPAIN)

0 persons like this post.

Postby landcruiser » Wed 26. Aug 2009, 22:00

google is your real friend :lol:

http://www.fluidfilm.de/
User avatar
landcruiser
 
Posts: 15445
Images: 0
Joined: Thu 17. May 2001, 23:14

0 persons like this post.

Postby LULO_Adventure » Thu 27. Aug 2009, 11:55

landcruiser wrote:google is your real friend :lol:

http://www.fluidfilm.de/



http://www.korrosionsschutzshop.de/


Thanks "amigo"! :wink:
LULO Adventure
Land Cruiser LJ-70´88 (Soft Top)
A Coruña - España (SPAIN)

"Eres lo que has viajado"
LULO_Adventure
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri 27. Feb 2009, 04:49
Location: A Coruña - España (SPAIN)

0 persons like this post.

Postby Reiti » Fri 6. Nov 2009, 00:42

Most of the foams will soak and keep water, perfect conditions to grow rust.
A fat like Mike Sanders is a pain in the ar.. to work with, but it will work.
User avatar
Reiti
 
Posts: 3645
Joined: Fri 16. Aug 2002, 17:21

0 persons like this post.

Re: BJ-73 Windshield-Frame Anticorrosive Treathment???

Postby Willem Jan Markerink » Fri 6. Nov 2009, 04:12

LULO_Adventure wrote:BJ-73 Windshield-Frame Anticorrosive Treathment???


There any specific treatment or work to prevent corrosion in the windshield-frame? :?: :?: :?:


...a friend told me that a good treatment is to apply foam piloiuretano inside the frame.

I also commented that care must be taken when using polyurethane foam as it can even bend the metal, so I will comment that there are different types of polyurethane foam, even my cousin told me the ability to galvanize the frame ???


Vielen Dank :wink:


Polyurethane foam, the yellow stuff used in building construction, will do nothing to protect the metal itself, while it will do everything possible to trap moisture, when (not *if*) it will find its way inside.

Imagine a leak in your roof, because of a bad antenna hole....a water-trap in the A-pillar could even cause it to burst during winter....have seen it happen on improvised shelter poles/pedestals....only thing they would have had to do, was drill a drain hole on the bottom of the pole, that would have kept the structure alive for decades....now it was toast within one winter....

Or imagine submerging the vehicle in a river....you would never get rid of all the water inside....
**Verkaufe Battery-Equalizer/Charge-Balancer/Spannungswandler 24->12v/100A**

"Those who wander are not necessarily lost"
(J.R.R. Tolkien)
'....and not all who launder are washed'
(WJM....;))

http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/main_4x4.htm
User avatar
Willem Jan Markerink
 
Posts: 3847
Joined: Thu 19. Jun 2003, 01:26
Location: Niederlande

0 persons like this post.


Return to Multi Language Board!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests