Engine replacement for a BJ75?

To simplify the board system...
Antworten

Beitrag von Guest »

Hi friends, my name is Stefano and I write from Italy. I have a TOYOTA BJ 75 with the engine 3B (3500 D); I use this car only for my trips to Africa, but the engine, even if it is, as we say, a mule, has little power to go in the sand of the saharian desert. The car weighs 22 quintals, more 200 liters gas-oil, 100 liters water, some spare part, provisions and various baggages and to end my wife and I, you understand that 90 cvs are indeed little. (I could leave my wife to house, but I would not resolve my problem - ah ah ah !!! I ask pardon to all the wives of the world).
So I have thought about replacing the engine with a more powerful, but there is another problem: in Africa you can find almost only Toyota, so the engine necessarily has to be a Toyota engine. Naturally reliability is very very important; when you are in the desert to 400 kms from the nearest country, cannot afford any breakup! Therefore I would like to know what engine (3500 TD - 12H-T 4000 TD - 1HD-T 4200 TD 12/24 valves) it is more appropriated and if there are many difficults. I would also like to know if I'll have to change the group gear/reduction-gear.
I visited many Europeans, Australians and Americans websites, but I found nothing, so I turn me to you hoping to have some help: every suggestion is useful !!!

My e-mail is stefanotoldo@libero.it

Sorry for my bad english, I thank you and good mud and/or sand to all !!!

Stefano

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
netzmeister
Administrator

Beitrag von netzmeister »

Ciao Stefano!

Well...the Buschtaxi is the right place for your question... ;)

I had kind of the same thoughts before I gave my BJ75 a little, let´s say: "help".

I replaced my 3B by a 12H-T a year ago. And I´m very very very pleased with that solution...

We had to take the gear of the HJ61 too, change the engine mounts and the cooler - and that´s it. I have the General Specification and axles and engine fit absolute perfectly together. It´s like the axles were made for that engine and that gear.

I know of many people with replacements in their 75´s: 12H-T, 1HD, 1HZ - no problem at all. Though I don´t know exactly what to change in those cases.

But you have to be a little more detailed: What engine do you prefer?

Regards,
The Webmaster
Nächstes Buschtaxi-Treffen: 6.-8. September 2024
LEGENDE LAND CRUISER - Das Buch...erhältlich bei mir! ;-)
facebook.com/buschtaxi.net | instagram.com/buschtaxi_net | youtube.com/@buschtaxi_net

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
12HT

Re: Engine replacement for a BJ75?

Beitrag von 12HT »

Hi,
why don´t you go for a 1HZ?
They´re cheap as dirt and have the same amount of power like a 12HT.

Cheers, Markus

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
thores

Beitrag von thores »

@ Markus
Das scheint mir keine ernsthafte Frage gewesen zu sein; es war nur eine auszugsweise Kopie aus vorangegangenem Text (=Spam?).
Grüße aus der Wetterau
Thomas

Bild

Wolper - Blog

Search. Drive. Smile.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
12HT

Beitrag von 12HT »

Oh ja habe zwar auf den ersten Text geantwortet aber sehe gerade das Datum :-)
DAnke und Gruß

Markus

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Antworten

Zurück zu „Multi Language Board!“