LJ 70 1991 ARB's

To simplify the board system...
Antworten
Colle

LJ 70 1991 ARB's

Beitrag von Colle »

My local garage tells me my landcruiser is too old to add ARB lockers. But it's pretty sound and well maintained. Lack's a bit in power (2.4 TD), but it's true to the landcruiser legend of being a very tough vehicle.

Can anyone tell me how long past the "date of birth" Toyota officialy stock spare parts for a véhicle???

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
MARCO

LJ 70 1991 ARB's

Beitrag von MARCO »

Salue Belge!
About ARB i can't tell you much, but concerning to TOYOTA Genuiene Parts , d'ont care for the future, the next 20 years and more you'll get what ever you will need!
MARCO

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Gerhard

LJ 70 1991 ARB's

Beitrag von Gerhard »

Hi Colle,

From a local dealer here in Austria, I know that ARB air lockers for LJ70/73 are still available.

The guy from the dealer told me that these locks also fit in some of the 60´s and 90´s Landcruiser series (can´t verify if this is true), so it is not planned to remove this product from the market.

And don´t worry: I also have a LJ 73 with only 86 hp, and I am happy with it. On motorways in the all-morning-rush hour, you can keep the speed easily; and if you want to go really crazy, its better to use a motorbike...:biggrin:

regards
Gerhard

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Kuddel
LJ 70 1991 ARB's

Beitrag von Kuddel »

Hi there!

Though i own a KJ73, i can highly recomend the K&S Vacuum-Locker! It is also available for your LJ70, my friend has one with this locker and is really satisfied. It is not expensive compaired to the roughness and high performance of this locker.

One pro of the K&S is, the K&S locker works with vacuum both ways - in AND out. Instead of the ARB, where the locker-pin is pulled out by a spring. That means at high torsion you may not be able unlock you ARB-diff...

Second pro: You don't need a compressor. Vaccum is always being produced by your motor!

For further questions look at following page http://www.ks-tuning.de/schwarzsperre/seite.htm or contact them in the old fashioned way:
K&S US-Car Tuning, Gottlieb-DaimlerStraße 27, DE-74831 Gundelsheim, Fon: +49-6269-41020, Fax: +49-6269-90198

More of our experiences with the K&S-Locker to be seen at our club page under "Fotos"...

Greetings
Kurt
:elk:
try not - do or do not - there is no try
HDJ8024V mit Motor mittig, Lenkrad rechts, Reifen 4 Stück etc...
[url]http://www.landcruiser-club.de[/url]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Antworten

Zurück zu „Multi Language Board!“