Turning Back Injector Pump To Reduce Emissions

To simplify the board system...
Antworten
BRIAN MANNION

Beitrag von BRIAN MANNION »

I have 1982 BJ-40 With a 2977cc Diahatsu B-Engine .On my last emissions test the jeep failed, It went from 1.67 to 11 on the emissions scale with less than 3500 miles up on the clock since last test.The pass rate on emissions scale being 3. I plan to fit a new set of injector nozzles this month and check the timeing.But in the mean time does any body know how to turn back pump to reduce emissions?The pump has these Identfication Marks:05 ND Nippondenso 22100-56172 and also lower down the pump 190000-6050&ND-PES4A70C326RND605.The PUMP is fitted with a Altitude Compensatefor,I need to find out if this pump can be turn back ?And if so what screw needs to be ajusted .Thanks bpmannion.
BPMANNION,IRELAND

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
netzmeister
Administrator

Beitrag von netzmeister »

Hi Brian,

Do you have a engine repair manual? If not, I´ll try to send you a few sheets via mail. Maybe that´ll help.

Regards,
The Admin
Nächstes Buschtaxi-Treffen: 6.-8. September 2024
LEGENDE LAND CRUISER - Das Buch...erhältlich bei mir! ;-)
facebook.com/buschtaxi.net | instagram.com/buschtaxi_net | youtube.com/@buschtaxi_net

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BRIAN MANNION

Thanks Netzmeister for reply.I have a B-Engine manual ,But i am unsure of where on the injector pump i can make adjustment .My pump has a EDIC-MOTOR HIGH ALTITUDE COMPENSATEFOR on it maybe adjustment can be made there?
BPMANNION,IRELAND

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
MARCO

Beitrag von MARCO »

Hi Brian!
First i have to say that my englisch is real bad , even more if i have to explaine some tecnical stuff, but i try to give you some informations:
if the emissions of your B-engine is such a kind of high, probably the EDIC keeps the "starting overinjection" position also after starting.Normaly the EDIC should move the pump lever to "drive" position to lower injection.
In your repair manual you can find how to do the operational check of this system.
To change injection volume , it's possible to adjust the connecting rod between motor lever and pump lever.
Kindly regards!

MARCO

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BRIAN MANNION

Thank you Marco for reply,I  think you could be right about adjustment at that point.I also had a look at Max Ellery,s Diesel workshop manual and he said by adjusting the position of the high altitude compensator ,Clockwise or AntiClockwise you will alter the injection volume of fuel into the pump.
BPMANNION,IRELAND

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Antworten

Zurück zu „Multi Language Board!“