Lichtmaschine - Funktion und Anschlüsse

...und natürlich auch BJ, J2 und J3...also 1951 - 1986
arutgers

Beitrag von arutgers »

Letzter Beitrag der vorhergehenden Seite:

@Schidl

I apologize for writing english but writing in german is not my strongest point; I can read german though.

You wrote "Ich hab mir beim Boschdienst die Klemme W rauslegen lassen (DM 40) und einen Drehzahlmesser von VDO gekauft (DM 80)".
I have investigated this method too, but found out that you have to adjust the DZM, because the alternator runs at a different  rpm-rate (rounds per minute) than the engine. That is because the engine and alternator pulleys are not the same size. How did you deal with this?

Ton
1978 BJ40 B-engine

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
landcruiser

Beitrag von landcruiser »

VDO new type tachometers are adjustable
you will find a dip switch on the rear to adjust something like 950 to 1100 hz or so

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
arutgers

Beitrag von arutgers »

That's great!
Hmmm, braucht man aber einmalig zu kalibrieren. Wird mal in der werkstatt nachfragen ob man dass kan.

Ton
1978 BJ40 B-engine

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
landcruiser

Beitrag von landcruiser »

calibrating is easy

mark the pulley of the crankshaft with a white cross,
now you need a stroboscope with 50 Hz (mainpower supply system in germany is 230 V 50 Hz, so it may be possible using a normal light bulb ???)
start the engine an let it run with 1500 or 3000 rpm (I dont´t remember the exact rpm´s - so have to check my handbook)
if the cross on the pulley stood still, the tachometer should indicate 1500/3000 rpm
if not calibrate with the dipswitch up/down

hope someone is here to explain it better than I could (schools out since 1975)

uwe

( or use the easy way calibrating these fucking unit while AU at the german TÜV  :) )

(Edited by landcruiser at 16:35 am 4. July 2003)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
arutgers

Beitrag von arutgers »

Thanks Landcruiser/Uwe. I don't think a lightbulb will work because the 50Hz frequency is just to high for a glow-wire. Neon-light might work.
But I asked my mechanic, and he has a profi-tach for calibration. He attaches a sensor somewhere (doesn't matter where) to the engine and it will show the exact rpm's! I guess it detects vibrations and calculates the rpm's.

Ton
1978 BJ40 B-engine

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Peter BeJot

Beitrag von Peter BeJot »

Bei der ASU haben die auch so ein Dingens, das macht der Tüv Mensch irgendwo im Motorbereich fest (magnetisch ?) und dann zeigt das die Drehzahlwerte an... Hab mich auch schon gefragt wie das funktioniert beim Diesel....

At the ASU at the German TÜV they also have such a machine. They put it anywhere near the Egine and soon they have the exact RPM on their Display. I often wondered myself how this machine works, maybe it's something magnetic, but I couldn't imagine that at a Diesel engine.....

Greetings
Peter
BJ 75 www.transafrika2004.net (incomplete)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Antworten

Zurück zu „Land Cruiser J4/J5 / 40 Series/50 Series“