J12 navi replacement?

To simplify the board system...
Antworten
Bontempi

J12 navi replacement?

Beitrag von Bontempi »

am close to buying a J12 with the integrated navigation (touch screen, european version 2005). According to the dealer it is not possible to replace the supplied stereo with something better, as it is integrated with the navigation system. Is this true?
I spend a lot of time in my car, so I am not prepared to compromise wrt sound quality...

An alternative would be to replace the entire panel (navigation and stereo), with the one from the version without navigation that has separeate controls for climate etc.

Can this be done? Do the diffferent versions of J12 have the same cable mats etc installed? It looks like I need the panel + the ac controls? Any idea on cost for these?

Regards,
Henrik

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
peeaa

J12 navi replacement?

Beitrag von peeaa »

Have you listened the sound quality (and volume...) of the original stereo?

I'm not sure if the cable sets are the same or not, but I must say I was very positively surprised about the quality of the original player. I did not expect anything but  "radio with some shoeboxes as speakers" so I was happy to find the 120W amplifier under the drivers seat + subwoofer in the side panel of luggage space...

My J12 is not with the integrated navigation but the amplifier and speakers are anyway the same. And IMO the sound is very good.

peeaa

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
matt
J12 navi replacement?

Beitrag von matt »

Hello Henrik,

well, if you are desparate, the stereo can be changed, provided you can get the original panel with the separate air conditioning controller. You will have to re-route some of the cables, though.

However, the factory sound system is not a "second choice" system, it has a really good sound quality. The amplifier and speakers are just awsome. As far as I know, Toyota uses OEM versions of Panasonic and Pioneer components for the sound system.

Hmmm, coming to think of it: If you really want to get rid of your navigation system, I might have some use for it. Just tell me where I can pick it up, once you have removed it.  ;)

cheers,
matt.
... [url=http://www.enumklah.de.ms/j120.htm]matt[/url] ... [i]jetzt auch neu mit echtem Landcruiser[/i]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Bontempi

J12 navi replacement?

Beitrag von Bontempi »

Hello!

Please do not turn this in to a thread about sound quality  ;-) (although the integrated system is better than much of what is offered with the competition).

It would be interesting to see pictures of the interfaces to the aircon controller and the navigation to see if they are identical. Perhaps my dealer service dept has this info...

Regards,
Henrik

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
matt
J12 navi replacement?

Beitrag von matt »

OK, I got the point. Let's talk about the electronics:
We had a conversion in the other way (from the standard aircon console to the navigation touch screen) lately, so it is doable and the pictures of the system are available. If you are patient, I can search and dig out the old thread.

As far as I know, the navigation can not be controlled without the touch screen. You have to replace the complete navigation unit.

cheers,
matt.
... [url=http://www.enumklah.de.ms/j120.htm]matt[/url] ... [i]jetzt auch neu mit echtem Landcruiser[/i]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Antworten

Zurück zu „Multi Language Board!“