J12 VSC, TRC and Engine failure lights

To simplify the board system...
Antworten
peeaa

J12 VSC, TRC and Engine failure lights

Beitrag von peeaa »

Hello!

Just got my second J12. :biggrin: The first was 12/2002 and this is now 2/2008 Exec with TEMS & Navi.

With the first one no problems ever, but the new one lasted <3.000 km and <3 weeks until the first trouble.

The orange "engine failure" light turned on 100m after start and a few seconds later also VSC TRC and VSC OFF lights. Engine seems to be working normally anyway, so no "emergency program".

After turning the engine off for 2-3 minutes and starting again the lights disappeared just to come back the next day. And no, now they won't go away anymore! :angryfire:

Ok, there is the guarantee, but it is valid only in EU (bought the car back home in Finland) and Kosovo is not EU...

So it looks like I have to go to the local Toyota dealer and pay for their services :(

Anybody had the same problem? What was wrong? Loose cable connector somewhere?

Regards,

peeaa
Dateianhänge
Guess which one is new and which old...
Guess which one is new and which old...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Romain
Spender

Re: J12 VSC, TRC and Engine failure lights

Beitrag von Romain »

peeaa hat geschrieben:Hello!

The orange "engine failure" light turned on 100m after start and a as wrong? Loose cable connector somewhere?

Regards,

peeaa

Hi peaaa. Maybe it's a simple electonic failure. Try to take of your battery clamps for a couple of minutes. New Trucks and busses often have the same idiotic problems
Gruss

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
peeaa

Beitrag von peeaa »

Went to local dealer today to read the fault code: "Vehicle speed sensor"

After reading the fault code (not clearing!) the lights went off and did not come back (yet?).

No idea what was wrong. Does anybody know where is the speed sensor so I can check the connectors? And no, the local dealer did not know and I had no time to start searching the tech. docs.

peeaa

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
peeaa

Beitrag von peeaa »

Battery clamps helped, yes. For a while. A few months went with no problems, then they started again.

Now I have been visiting my local dealer (back in Finland...) 11 times with the same problem to reset the warning lights and attempting to get it repaired. On top of that I have been resetting the lights with the battery clamps for >20 times. The hexnuts of the clamps start to be round already... :angryfire:

So far the speed sensor from the gearbox has been replaced, all the related connectors opened&closed, speedometer replaced etc. No impact.

Also cruise control is making trouble every now and then, suddenly stopping to work (cruise light blinking) just to continue working after a few seconds. Sometimes it also brings up the warning lights but usually not. Speedometer on the other hand has been working all the time, also during the cruise problems, even when the speed sensor was completely disconnected for testing purpose! (And it did not even light up the warning lights that time!!!)

There is no clear "rule" when the lights come on, although it is usually within the first 100m after start, especially after cold start (standing over 12h).

The dealer says they can not fix it if they don't find it and they can't find it if the fault is not on. Well, at least with the cruise the fault is usually on less than a minute (and irregularly), so I have to be quite lucky to get the dealer to check it (and find it) when it's on :-)

Toyota Finland says it's the dealer's task to fix it and the dealer says they can't, so I am pretty p**sed off. Looks like it's up to me to locate it...

Well, after two weeks they will have a look again so let's see. I'll let you know.

peeaa

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
peeaa

Finally solved!

Beitrag von peeaa »

Finally solved!

It took only 14 months, 30.000 km and 16 visits to repair workshop...

The last time it was under work for the whole week and they finally found it.

The speed pulse comes from the magnetic speed sensor (which is on the right side on the rear of the transmission) and goes to the speedometer, which forwards it to the ECU amongst others (Navi etc).

The connector on ECU was faulty and after replacing it the problem finally disappeared (I hope it also disappeared for good...)

peeaa

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
TomB

Beitrag von TomB »

And another reason why one should be able to buy electronic free vehicles if one wants it. :roll:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Antworten

Zurück zu „Multi Language Board!“